*This post contains an affiliate link*
First off, all I can say is wow! I was shocked to see that I was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by Jaclyn over at Moma Thrift blog ! Check out her blog when you get a chance! I haven’t been blogging long so this is a big deal for me and my blog that is still in its’ infancy!
Many wonder, what got me into blogging?
I have been asked how I got into blogging a few times, so this is the perfect opportunity to share that little tidbit. This actually isn’t my first blog. I started out on a different site and quickly learned that it was very time consuming and I decided to abandon it. Shortly after that, I made a YouTube channel and started blogging on there. Over time I got tired of making videos and the quality was poor due to my equipment. I did several videos that had a lot of views. You can see one of my YouTube videos here Mommy Hack: The Magic of WD-40. My short lived YouTube days were over and I started to miss having a blog. While pregnant with baby number cinco, I decided to start back blogging. The inspiration came from our unplanned large family, all of the craziness I deal with as a mom, and people’s curiosity about my lifestyle. I have hopes to my blog brightens someones day, help them cope, and let others know they are not alone.
The Savage Mom Theory’s advice to anyone who is interested in blogging:
- Slow and steady: Don’t be in a rush to grow your following. Write like no one is reading and the readers will come!
- Be yourself: Don’t try to be someone you are not. I have come across blogs were it just does not seem authentic and that is a turn off.
- Every blogger isn’t perfect: You will see amazing images and content and what seems like perfection but do not get discouraged.
- Don’t believe the hype: There are some bloggers who make six figures and do this full time and I guarantee you their entire life is blogging and nothing else. Blogging is very time consuming. Don’t lose yourself or quality time with your family trying to make a career out of this. Keep it fun and realistic as far as expectations to keep yourself from getting burned out.
And the moment you have been waiting for, here are my nominees are for The Blogger Recognition Award
- Chef Kimi Hou and Co
- Sparkles and Sippy Cups
- Janiah Farmer Blog
- Honey Bri Great
- Fluff Butt Reviews
- Thirty Minus One
- This Mom Blogs
- The Life of a Young Widow Mother
- Danglish Mamma
- Organize Anxiety
- Single Dads Guide To Life
- Denver’s Diary
- Emotionally Naked and Showing My Scars
- A Happy Little Mum
- The Coffee Mom
Alrighty fellow bloggers that I have picked these are the rules to pass the award along
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Big thank you again to Moma Thrift and to my readers and congrats fellow bloggers who are being recognized! Be sure to check out the nominees because these bloggers offer some great content!
As a thank you to my readers, here is my 10% off coupon code at ergobaby.com: BBMkp9VIniU
Valid until 12/31/2017
As always, shipping is free!